Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make my phone screen auto-rotate when I turn it sideways

How do I make my phone screen auto rotate when I turn it sideways

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 10:19 AM

From the top right hand corner of your iPhone screen, swipe down to open Control Center.

See the icon with a lock in it. If it is white with a red lock, your screen is locked in Portrait Orientation. Tap it to permit to turn Portrait Lock off.

Now, that doesn't mean ALL apps permit rotation. For example on any phone with Face ID, you cannot change the orientation of your home screen. And with 3rd party apps, if the App Developer did not code their app to rotate, it won't rotate.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 10:19 AM in response to SarahW1962

From the top right hand corner of your iPhone screen, swipe down to open Control Center.

See the icon with a lock in it. If it is white with a red lock, your screen is locked in Portrait Orientation. Tap it to permit to turn Portrait Lock off.

Now, that doesn't mean ALL apps permit rotation. For example on any phone with Face ID, you cannot change the orientation of your home screen. And with 3rd party apps, if the App Developer did not code their app to rotate, it won't rotate.

How do I make my phone screen auto-rotate when I turn it sideways

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.