Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This is an absolutely annoying feature on private networks that rely on consistent MAC addresses for DHCP assigments

This is an absolutely annoying feature on private networks that rely on consistent MAC addresses for DHCP assignments. Also, disabling it is only temporary as it will eventually turn itself back on. What is causing it to turn back on automatically? Updates? Connecting to outside networks and then reconnecting to the private network in question? There needs to be an option to disable this permanently on specific networks that you trust, across all devices, and to disable the privacy warning for those trusted networks. I constantly need to gather all the iDevices in the house and turn this "feature" off.

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 1:33 PM

setting the wifi network SSID in Settings, Wifi, in the (i) to Private Address should not undo itself unless you reset network settings in Settings, General, Reset, or “forget” the network.

You could try the reset network settings then connect, mark private address in (i) and see if it sticks.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 1:33 PM in response to wgomer

setting the wifi network SSID in Settings, Wifi, in the (i) to Private Address should not undo itself unless you reset network settings in Settings, General, Reset, or “forget” the network.

You could try the reset network settings then connect, mark private address in (i) and see if it sticks.

This is an absolutely annoying feature on private networks that rely on consistent MAC addresses for DHCP assigments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.