Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud webmail glitch (?)...

Hi All –

Sometimes when I want to reply to an email via iCloud webmail, a window comes up repeating the original email and covering the Safari email screen. And it then forces me to reply via regular Apple Mail (which I DO NOT WANT TO DO!). It’s really a pain switching back and forth…

I do not want to use email 'chains' - just simply reply as needed… And I only want to use the iCloud webmail. I just like the way it works MUCH more than Mail.

This does not happen all the time only sometimes - guessing maybe 30 to 40% of the time when I reply to email (in iCloud webmail).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Has anyone found a fix?

Thanx. Bill T

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 3:26 AM

When you compose a mail from iCloud mail the compose window size can be reduced , just take cursor on any corner and move three fingers on the trackpad and move diagonally inside , the other mail suggestions can be removed see the articles Remove email address suggestions in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Most probably your contact is duplicated in address book of Mac delete that duplicate contact .

The list may also include email addresses from iCloud Contacts. To remove one of these, you must delete the contact.

Remove obsolete email addresses in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

You have option of deleting that email account from internet accounts say example1@gmail.com Change Internet Accounts preferences on Mac - Apple Support

But removing the duplicate contact or obsolete mail address will resolve , don't delete any mail account configured with web mail account .

Note : when you compose a mail from iCloud.com click on plus sign the list of address will be displayed .

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 3:26 AM in response to capewrt

When you compose a mail from iCloud mail the compose window size can be reduced , just take cursor on any corner and move three fingers on the trackpad and move diagonally inside , the other mail suggestions can be removed see the articles Remove email address suggestions in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Most probably your contact is duplicated in address book of Mac delete that duplicate contact .

The list may also include email addresses from iCloud Contacts. To remove one of these, you must delete the contact.

Remove obsolete email addresses in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

You have option of deleting that email account from internet accounts say example1@gmail.com Change Internet Accounts preferences on Mac - Apple Support

But removing the duplicate contact or obsolete mail address will resolve , don't delete any mail account configured with web mail account .

Note : when you compose a mail from iCloud.com click on plus sign the list of address will be displayed .

iCloud webmail glitch (?)...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.