Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanner

What is error 9921 on my epson Scanner with my mac catalina ? I;m told that it'snot compatible with my epson

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 4:41 PM

If you recently upgraded to Catalina, you may have an older, incompatible Epson driver still installed. Remove the Epson scanner drivers and reinstall the appropriate drivers for Catalina. The Epson V600 support page is here -> https://epson.com/Support/Scanners/Perfection-Series/Epson-Perfection-V600-Photo/s/SPT_B11B198011#drivers If you don't have the Epson uninstaller you can get it from the same support page.

When you download the Catalina drivers, be sure to install both the ICA Scanner Driver -AND- the Scanner Driver/Epson Scan 2 Utility

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2021 4:41 PM in response to gmcarne

If you recently upgraded to Catalina, you may have an older, incompatible Epson driver still installed. Remove the Epson scanner drivers and reinstall the appropriate drivers for Catalina. The Epson V600 support page is here -> https://epson.com/Support/Scanners/Perfection-Series/Epson-Perfection-V600-Photo/s/SPT_B11B198011#drivers If you don't have the Epson uninstaller you can get it from the same support page.

When you download the Catalina drivers, be sure to install both the ICA Scanner Driver -AND- the Scanner Driver/Epson Scan 2 Utility

Jun 11, 2021 4:25 PM in response to gmcarne

Those error codes are for Apple software engineers. We're all end users like yourself and have no idea. It's probably the fact that the scanner drivers are 32 bit and won't run on Catalina which requires 64 bit apps.

Have you tried scanning either either Preview or Image Capture. Long shot but might work.

However, I'm pretty sure the 3rd party VueScan app will let you scan with your scanner on Catalina. It has a free demo mode you can try before having to purchase. I use it with two scanners even though one of them still works with its own drivers. I find VueScan is much more powerful and versatile.

Scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.