Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synchronize with Apple TV app

So, in the new versions of MacOS (Catalina and later) iTunes has disappeared. The music is now in the Music app, the movies have moved to the Apple TV app.

But. Maybe I don't get it right, but I am a bit disappointed about this.

On my Mac MIni M1, there's no problem. My home movies I edited in FC Pro, have moved to the Apple TV app indeed.

But if I hoped (which I did indeed) that I could also watch these home videos on my MacBook Air (also Mac OS Big Sur), I found out the hard way that this is not the case. The library is empty…

Of course I would also like to see them on my TV set, using my Apple TV 4K.

Am I right: isn't it possible to sync my home made movies between these three devices? This is just too bad…

Or is it possible? If so, can you please tell me how?

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 7:21 AM

You can do this through Home Sharing. The Mac with the media files acts as a server to other devices on your home network.

- On the other Mac, select a different library from the side bar.

- On the Apple TV, use the Computers app to access the Home Shared library.

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 7:21 AM in response to Mr Moto

You can do this through Home Sharing. The Mac with the media files acts as a server to other devices on your home network.

- On the other Mac, select a different library from the side bar.

- On the Apple TV, use the Computers app to access the Home Shared library.

Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

Synchronize with Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.