Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen selection issue

My iPhone X has been great till 4 months ago. The left side and middle of my screen seems to randomly activate while using apps and messaging. While typing it starts randomly going back to start of message, when I’m coming out of app it starts up the app I have in that part of screen (for me it’s google earth) amd while typing this it keeps randomly moving my typing to left side of screen and selecting something. I have to flip up the page and bring back down to reset and it allows me to continue. Though when using apps it can be very intrusive. Anybody experiencing similar issue? Took me a few time to write this as itakept selecting left part of screen

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 3:51 PM

What you are describing is a failing touch screen. Click on Get Support in the upper right corner to reach out to Apple directly about a repair.

~Lyssa

1 reply

Screen selection issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.