Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scrolling screen jumping

I have an iPhone 11Pro max and every time I scroll- in apps, on the internet, in messages, etc- the screen jumps right back to the top of the page/message thread. This happens every few seconds and it’s absolutely infuriating as you basically can’t read or do anything.

I’ve had the phone for a week and it started 48hours ago. I’ve restarted the phone but no change.

Is there a fix for this?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 2:25 PM

Did you just restart the iPhone by shutting it OFF and then ON or did your Force ReStart your iPhone? If you did not Force ReStart your iPhone and here is how to do so-

1) Force Restart the phone:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2020 2:25 PM in response to Marmalade2013

Did you just restart the iPhone by shutting it OFF and then ON or did your Force ReStart your iPhone? If you did not Force ReStart your iPhone and here is how to do so-

1) Force Restart the phone:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Jul 19, 2020 11:16 PM in response to Axel Foley

Thank you very much... I hadn’t done a force restart. Just followed your steps and have done it now, but the problem is still there.

It’s so frustrating- was just scrolling through a news feed and after 20-30 seconds it shoots all the way back to the top of the feed still. It’s even doing it as I try and write this!

Any more suggestions or tips?

They’d be much appreciated.

Jul 19, 2020 11:25 PM in response to Marmalade2013

The good thing is that your iPhone 11Pro Max is less than a year old and therefore covered by Apple's 1YR Limited Warranty. I recommend that you take advantage of it rather than spend time troubleshooting this issue on your own. I suspect that this could be related to a failing touch screen.

Have your iPhone examined at the Apple Store or at an Authorized Service Center (Best Buy in the US) and if they are closed then please contact ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Scrolling screen jumping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.