Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen won’t let me slide

how can I fix my phone if it will not let me slide to open the Lock Screen or slide to shut down? I can touch buttons, but sliding doesn’t work

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 6:55 PM

Try a forced restart and after the phone completely boots up, try the slider again.

• iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold both the Top (or Side) button and the Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 6:55 PM in response to 44elppb

Try a forced restart and after the phone completely boots up, try the slider again.

• iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold both the Top (or Side) button and the Volume Down buttons until you see the Apple logo.

Screen won’t let me slide

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.