Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get the fall detector to work when I pass out and fly head first out of my wheelchair?

I got the Apple Watch series5 because of the fall detection. My parents parents and doctors pretty much said it was a requirement of me moving out. The fall detector worked great when I passed out from a standing position but now that things are worse and I am in a wheelchair full-time not part-time it does not pick up my falls which are resulting in more injuries. Anyone in a wheelchair have similar issues and found a way to make it work?

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 8:08 PM

As far as I know there are no adjustments to the fall detection feature. As it says in the 'Turn fall detection on or off' section of:

Use fall detection with Apple Watch - Apple Support

"Apple Watch cannot detect all falls. The more physically active you are, the more likely you are to trigger fall detection due to high-impact activity that can appear to be a fall."

If you would like to make a suggestion or recommendation to Apple, use this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2021 8:08 PM in response to Zebraqueen18

As far as I know there are no adjustments to the fall detection feature. As it says in the 'Turn fall detection on or off' section of:

Use fall detection with Apple Watch - Apple Support

"Apple Watch cannot detect all falls. The more physically active you are, the more likely you are to trigger fall detection due to high-impact activity that can appear to be a fall."

If you would like to make a suggestion or recommendation to Apple, use this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

How can I get the fall detector to work when I pass out and fly head first out of my wheelchair?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.