Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Abt statistics

If I reset my statistics will it erase anything or will everything still be on my phone like will it be the same

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 11:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 12:49 AM

Hi there,

I'm assuming you're referring to the Statistics under the Cellular tab in Settings. No, resetting these statistics will not erase content from your iPhone. Your iPhone tracks statistics on how much cellular data you have used and how many minutes you have been on a phone call. That's what the data and numbers in the Cellular tab in Settings is all about. Pressing the Reset Statistics button just resets these numbers back to zero.

The idea behind this feature is to be able to more easily track your data usage without needing to visit the website of your cellular provider. You would presumably reset statistics every month (at the end of your cellular plan's billing period) so that the data is accurate and actually meaningful.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 12:49 AM in response to Kenzie_perry_16

Hi there,

I'm assuming you're referring to the Statistics under the Cellular tab in Settings. No, resetting these statistics will not erase content from your iPhone. Your iPhone tracks statistics on how much cellular data you have used and how many minutes you have been on a phone call. That's what the data and numbers in the Cellular tab in Settings is all about. Pressing the Reset Statistics button just resets these numbers back to zero.

The idea behind this feature is to be able to more easily track your data usage without needing to visit the website of your cellular provider. You would presumably reset statistics every month (at the end of your cellular plan's billing period) so that the data is accurate and actually meaningful.

Cheers!

Abt statistics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.