Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased this old ipad years ago and need the previous owners icloud removed as I'm no longer in touch with the previous owner. (it was a garage sale and when he turned it on it started like brand new, but he must of left his icloud logged)

How do I remove his old icloud and update it with mine? It's model A1432 w/ serial number F7RLW9JQFP84

Thanks,

Marc

iPad mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 5:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 6:12 AM

Activation Lock doesn't kick in until you reset the device. I'm afraid that in the situation you describe there is nothing you can do: there is absolutely no way you will be able to unlock the device. Apple cannot unlock it for you, nor find the previous owner for you, and neither can the websites that offer to unlock it for a fee: these are scams.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 6:12 AM in response to UrgenSurgen

Activation Lock doesn't kick in until you reset the device. I'm afraid that in the situation you describe there is nothing you can do: there is absolutely no way you will be able to unlock the device. Apple cannot unlock it for you, nor find the previous owner for you, and neither can the websites that offer to unlock it for a fee: these are scams.

I purchased this old ipad years ago and need the previous owners icloud removed as I'm no longer in touch with the previous owner. (it was a garage sale and when he turned it on it started like brand new, but he must of left his icloud logged)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.