Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD uploaded to iTunes not showing up on my iPhone

It seems like it’s always a hassle doing this. I am an iTunes music subscriber, and whilst I enjoy the service, it unfortunately doesn’t have everything, especially some of the more obscure music I enjoy. So I upload a cd hoping to get it to show up on my phone, but it’s always an ordeal. The uploaded cd will just sit there in iTunes with the dotted cloud for sometimes days before finally showing up on my phone, if at all. Sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve tried everything, connecting my phone and syncing, selecting sync iCloud library, I even tried adding the songs to a playlist, but it showed up on my phone as an entirely different album.

How can I speed up/ make this process more efficient?

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 12:22 PM

Hey there Seven_Of_Nine,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having when adding songs to iTunes. We're happy to provide some assistance.

Let's follow the steps outlined in this helpful resource that relates to the issue you're having:

If your songs are grayed out

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2021 12:22 PM in response to Seven_Of_Nine

Hey there Seven_Of_Nine,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having when adding songs to iTunes. We're happy to provide some assistance.

Let's follow the steps outlined in this helpful resource that relates to the issue you're having:

If your songs are grayed out

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Jun 14, 2021 9:43 AM in response to Seven_Of_Nine

Thank you for the reply Seven_Of_Nine!

For that particular issue, check out the "A dotted-line cloud" section here:

Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC

As mentioned under that section, "The song is waiting to be uploaded, can't be matched, is no longer available in the Apple Music catalogue or hasn't been released yet. Find out what to do if songs are taking a long time to upload."

Cheers!

CD uploaded to iTunes not showing up on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.