Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use the Apple TV4 remote to control the MLB app?

How do I use the Apple TV4 remote to control the MLB app? Various options that were available with the previous version and remote seems to be unavailable with the ATV4 version. Does anyone know how to jump to the beginning of a specific inning? Or how to find the beginning of the broadcast (sometimes it is up to an hour into the stream)? Or even to fast forward with the picture being displayed so it can be stopped when the viewer sees something interesting? Is there a user manual somewhere for this? Happy for an answer to any of the questions. Thank you.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 1:00 PM

Hi PatRossiter,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities. Here to help.

It sounds like you're having trouble with some navigation and features within the MLB app on your new Apple TV.

To confirm, the link below will show both generations of the Siri Remote, are you referring to the Siri Remove (2nd Generation)?

Siri Remote at a glance

With the newer remote, some features that used to be completed with swipes or clicks may now be oriented to the click wheel. Try scrolling your finger around the edge of the clickpad, as well as clicking the directional buttons to see if these trigger any of the features you are looking for.

It is also possible that the app developer may need to update their app for compatibility with the newer remote.

Info on how to check that the app is up to date or that you have automatic updates enabled can be found at the link below.

Purchase and download apps on Apple TV

You can also reach out to the developer for direct support. While we couldn't find any specific resources to help with the issue described, we will link to their help center which does list MLB's customer support information.

MLB.TV Online Support

Hope this helps! Take care for now.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2021 1:00 PM in response to PatRossiter

Hi PatRossiter,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities. Here to help.

It sounds like you're having trouble with some navigation and features within the MLB app on your new Apple TV.

To confirm, the link below will show both generations of the Siri Remote, are you referring to the Siri Remove (2nd Generation)?

Siri Remote at a glance

With the newer remote, some features that used to be completed with swipes or clicks may now be oriented to the click wheel. Try scrolling your finger around the edge of the clickpad, as well as clicking the directional buttons to see if these trigger any of the features you are looking for.

It is also possible that the app developer may need to update their app for compatibility with the newer remote.

Info on how to check that the app is up to date or that you have automatic updates enabled can be found at the link below.

Purchase and download apps on Apple TV

You can also reach out to the developer for direct support. While we couldn't find any specific resources to help with the issue described, we will link to their help center which does list MLB's customer support information.

MLB.TV Online Support

Hope this helps! Take care for now.

Jun 13, 2021 2:35 PM in response to bailier

Hi Bailier:

I clicked helpful because the reply was helpful, but it's not solved yet. :-( I did not know that there are two generations of Siri remote. Mine is generation one, so there is no wheel. It appears you have said I can circle my finger around the clickpad, so I will try that today. I certainly did not think of that. I believe I have the latest version of the app, but I will try updating as you suggested. I tried MLB Support but they directed me to contact Apple support. It is possible that your link to MLB.TV support is a different place than the on that answered before, so I have now sent them another message using your link. Thank you.

How do I use the Apple TV4 remote to control the MLB app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.