Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to see all unnamed photos in the people tab on IOS 14

I am trying to name people in my photos library on my phone, but it is a struggle to swipe up on the photos of people 1 by 1 and name the person that way. When I go into the people tab, it only shows me the people that I have named already. Is there a way to see all the unnamed faces at once?

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 10:42 PM

No, there is no list of unnamed people in Photos iOS. We are not supposed to name each and every unnamed face, as it is not possible to remove the faces of strangers - the would always be cluttering up the list of unnamed people. we should try to find and name just a few photos of the people we want to add to the People album - browse your favourites to find photos of your contacts and name a few of them. Once the people you are interested in are in the People album, you can find more faces by starting from the People album, see: Find people in Photos on iPhone - Apple Support Merge two instances of the same person, confirm additional faces, or correct incorrectly identified faces.

If you have a Mac as well and are syncing the photos between the iPhone and the Mac with iCloud Photos, you can create a smart album in Photos for Mac to find all photos with no named face. Faces you name on the Mac will be synced to the iPhone with iCloud Photos.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2021 10:42 PM in response to Idkwhatoputasmyusername

No, there is no list of unnamed people in Photos iOS. We are not supposed to name each and every unnamed face, as it is not possible to remove the faces of strangers - the would always be cluttering up the list of unnamed people. we should try to find and name just a few photos of the people we want to add to the People album - browse your favourites to find photos of your contacts and name a few of them. Once the people you are interested in are in the People album, you can find more faces by starting from the People album, see: Find people in Photos on iPhone - Apple Support Merge two instances of the same person, confirm additional faces, or correct incorrectly identified faces.

If you have a Mac as well and are syncing the photos between the iPhone and the Mac with iCloud Photos, you can create a smart album in Photos for Mac to find all photos with no named face. Faces you name on the Mac will be synced to the iPhone with iCloud Photos.

how to see all unnamed photos in the people tab on IOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.