Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face lock

what can i do if my iphone 12 pro opens with my friends face i have changed my face lock 2-3 times so that he can’t open my phone but it fails everytime phone unlock and the thing is he looks totally different from me and sometimes phone opens from random persons . This is the security level and face lock security in iphone ? I can’t believe investing so much for main reason security which is so dumb!!

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 12:31 PM

You can learn more about Face ID here: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT208108

It is possible that Face ID might unlock the device for you and your friend if two of you have similar look.  Face ID constantly learns how to recognise you. It's doing this each time you are prompt for passcode and correct passcode is entered to unlock the device. So if your friend knows the passcode for your iPhone and successfully has unlocked the device, then Face ID has learned how to recognised his/her face too.

Reset Face ID settings and change your passcode so your frien no longer knows it. Then see if he/she can still unlock it.

If someone ask you if they could use your iPhone, unlock it first. You should not share your passcode. If other person knows your iPhone’s passcode too, then you have more things to be worry about it (e.g. that other person would have an access to all your saved passwords).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2021 12:31 PM in response to bhavishya192

You can learn more about Face ID here: https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT208108

It is possible that Face ID might unlock the device for you and your friend if two of you have similar look.  Face ID constantly learns how to recognise you. It's doing this each time you are prompt for passcode and correct passcode is entered to unlock the device. So if your friend knows the passcode for your iPhone and successfully has unlocked the device, then Face ID has learned how to recognised his/her face too.

Reset Face ID settings and change your passcode so your frien no longer knows it. Then see if he/she can still unlock it.

If someone ask you if they could use your iPhone, unlock it first. You should not share your passcode. If other person knows your iPhone’s passcode too, then you have more things to be worry about it (e.g. that other person would have an access to all your saved passwords).

Face lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.