Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moving iMovie Project to a library duplicates on the Project page. Why?

What am I doing wrong? I choose a movie, right click in projects and choose move to library. I choose the library imoviearchives. I thought I had created this library to be on an external. I did it twice, thinking I wasn't doing it correctly. I now have the movie in Projects three times. What am I editing? Where? Where is it being saved? I right click "show in finder" and the computer folder

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 6:10 PM

The procedure is to open the originating library and the destination library. Then go to the top of the projects browser page and click on the originating library from where you want to transfer the project. Then go to the project icon and move the project to the destination library.

Let's run though the procedure:

First, from the top of the projects browser screen, where it likely says "All Projects", click on the menu triangle.

Then, from the drop down menu that appears, click (put a check mark next to) the originating library.

That will set the originating library as the one from which your will be moving the p;roject.

Then go to the project icon and, from the drop down menu click on Move To ( destination library).

The above procedure should transfer the project without creating any duplicates.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2021 6:10 PM in response to TuckerdogAVL

The procedure is to open the originating library and the destination library. Then go to the top of the projects browser page and click on the originating library from where you want to transfer the project. Then go to the project icon and move the project to the destination library.

Let's run though the procedure:

First, from the top of the projects browser screen, where it likely says "All Projects", click on the menu triangle.

Then, from the drop down menu that appears, click (put a check mark next to) the originating library.

That will set the originating library as the one from which your will be moving the p;roject.

Then go to the project icon and, from the drop down menu click on Move To ( destination library).

The above procedure should transfer the project without creating any duplicates.

-- Rich

Moving iMovie Project to a library duplicates on the Project page. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.