Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t get past watch saying can’t connect to internet when it is connected. Won’t let me pair watch to phone

I have bees trying to pair my Apple Watch to my cell phone and I keep getting note that it can’t connect to internet. I am connected to internet.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 8:40 PM

Yes that is a known issue. Updating a back level watchOS 6 version using an iPhone with the current iOS 14 on it is apparently not a working combination. Two options:

• If you happen to have another old iPhone running iOS13 or older, try pairing with that. The update should then go through.
  • Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store and hopefully they can run this update for you. Get Support
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2021 8:40 PM in response to Raycon803

Yes that is a known issue. Updating a back level watchOS 6 version using an iPhone with the current iOS 14 on it is apparently not a working combination. Two options:

• If you happen to have another old iPhone running iOS13 or older, try pairing with that. The update should then go through.
  • Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store and hopefully they can run this update for you. Get Support

I can’t get past watch saying can’t connect to internet when it is connected. Won’t let me pair watch to phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.