Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I stop spam calls

What can I do to stop unwanted spam calls?

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 6:10 PM

3 replies

Jun 13, 2021 6:50 PM in response to NLM022285

NLM022285 Said:

"how can I stop spam calls: What can I do to stop unwanted spam calls?"

-------

What to Try:

I have used the following, and they work just fine. Sometimes items come through, but it learns from that, and keeps it away from your iPhone.

A. Malwarebytes for iPhone:

One item usable is Malwarebytes for iPhone. Keep all the junk out. Get it Here: iOS Security - iPhone Call, Text, and Ad Blocker | Malwarebytes - it Blocks Scam Calls and Filters Site usage. It is developed by longtime users of these forums, making it the only reliable and official Security Software for an iPhone. It is something to consider when it comes to blocking out junk.

B. Malwarebytes Premium for iPhone:

This application can be found in the AppStore. It allows its users to do their part in all of this. They can report scam calls, by submitting the phone number, to its developer and adding a few lines for notes on the report upon submittal. In high-relevance to this case, it blocks popups from those phone numbers their customers have reported. Texts can be set to be received only by those in your contact list.

Get it here: MalwareBytes for iOS - App Store - Apple

Jun 13, 2021 6:29 PM in response to NLM022285

NLM022285 wrote:

What can I do to stop unwanted spam calls?

There is no general solution; the first person to find a way should be nominated for a Nobel prize. Foxfifth’s suggestion works, but only if you never want to receive calls from numbers not in your contacts.

You can see if your carrier has a spam blocking app; many do. They are not perfect, but they can help.

You can also get a 3rd party blocking app such as Nomorobo (the very first, and still IMO the best). It isn’t free, but it is very effective in blocking calls from identifiable numbers. And it can also block spam texts. It’s also available for VOIP landlines from https://nomorobo.com, and is free for landlines.

how can I stop spam calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.