Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac wifi does not work it says no wifi hardware. How do i fix that?

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2021 8:09 PM

Hi,

Resetting NVRAM as well as SMC could solve the issue.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, checking hardware with Apple Diagnostics if it's really hardware issue, error codes, CNW001, CNW003 to CNW008.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2021 8:09 PM in response to noelremlap

Hi,

Resetting NVRAM as well as SMC could solve the issue.

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, checking hardware with Apple Diagnostics if it's really hardware issue, error codes, CNW001, CNW003 to CNW008.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Jun 14, 2021 10:13 PM in response to noelremlap

noelremlap Said:

"My mac wifi does not work it says no wifi hardware. How do i fix that?: No interface just software versions"

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

It seems the GUI (Graphical User Interface) may be missing. So, reinstall the macOS.

Why to Reinstall:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support. Important: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

Time Machine Backup:

Important: Prior to the reinstallation, Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong, doing the install.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.