Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Please what can make my Mac os x WI-FI saying NO hardware installed

Posted on May 4, 2023 3:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 9:03 PM

adekunleosho Said:

"Please what can make my Mac os x WI-FI saying NO hardware installed"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2023 9:03 PM in response to adekunleosho

adekunleosho Said:

"Please what can make my Mac os x WI-FI saying NO hardware installed"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

May 4, 2023 5:18 AM in response to adekunleosho

Are you running a 7 year old operating system?

Some Macs did not come with WiFi many years ago, and add on WiFi cards are necessary.

Some Macs if they are old could have gotten damaged internally on the WiFi card or card connectors and need an authorized service technician to verify this is not the case. A WiFi/Ethernet bridge is frequently preferable in such scenarios. There are also WiFi ethernet dongles.

May 5, 2023 8:46 PM in response to adekunleosho

It really helps to provide us with the exact model of your Mac when asking for assistance. You can get his information by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About This Mac".

If you had working WiFi in this Mac previously, then it most likely means you have a hardware failure of some sort which will need to be repaired.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.