Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with Pages and Numbers

I am using a MacBook Air, M1 and on Mac OS 11.2.3. I updated both Pages and Numbers as soon as I was prompted to update a couple of weeks ago. Now I am unable to open documents saved in Pages and Numbers. Instead the doc opens to "Pages quit unexpectedly". I contacted Tech Support and chatted with an advisor who advised me to replicate the issue on Safe Mode. Sad to say, the same issue exists on Safe Mode as well. Tried checking online and realized that same issue has been reported by many different Mac users dating back to six years prior. I tried checking Apple Community discussions and could not find any definite troubleshooting procedure to resolve this issue. I really hope that Apple is able to look into this apparently known issue. It does not make sense to simply use a third party comparable app for this requirement.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 8:47 AM

8 replies

Jun 14, 2021 10:10 AM in response to Lilet0828

Lilet0828 wrote:

Okay. I'll update to 11.4. Just wondering why I wasn't prompted this time when it used to.

The behavior on your machine likely depends on your settings here in System Preferences > Software Update > Advanced...

In any case an update to 11.4 quickly solved the problem for me, and I understand many other users.

SG

Jun 14, 2021 11:00 AM in response to SGIII

I figured it out, in my case. My hard disk is nearly full so the automatic OS updates stopped updating (with no warning message). My OS was thus out of date (and probably then out of sync with the Pages/Numbers updates).

Updating now--won't get back to this until tomorrow but check your free disk space--it wanted 9GB on one dialog box and 17 GB free on another to install.

Issue with Pages and Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.