Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages, Numbers opening to finder window.

My Pages, Numbers etc. now open to a finder window. I can choose a New Document to get into them programs but what has changed? They worked perfectly until three days ago. Apple has not been able to resolve this and suggested that an upgrade from Big Sur to Monterey would fix the issue but it has not. Pages version 11.2 as of today.

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 11:54 AM

Quit Pages from its Application menu.

You probably have the System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud Drive > Options… > Pages selected. This forces Pages to open a file dialog instead of the expected template chooser. It also exposes a Pages folder on iCloud Drive.

I just tested this on macOS 11.6.4 with Pages v11.2 and once the preceding is set, a file chooser does appear.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 11:54 AM in response to marilynroth

Quit Pages from its Application menu.

You probably have the System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud Drive > Options… > Pages selected. This forces Pages to open a file dialog instead of the expected template chooser. It also exposes a Pages folder on iCloud Drive.

I just tested this on macOS 11.6.4 with Pages v11.2 and once the preceding is set, a file chooser does appear.

Pages, Numbers opening to finder window.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.