Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

password leaked

hello

I got a notification saying that my apple ID password had been released on a data bank.

I think reset my Apple ID password successfully and my icloud password.

I would like to know if my phone is now safe and if my details were leaked?

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 11:33 AM

In iOS 14 software Apple introduced a feature that checks if you reuse the same password on multiple website, if any of your passwords that are saved are weak, and checks if any of the websites you have passwords saved for have been potentially compromised and their data leaked.

You can read more about it here https://support.apple.com/pl-pl/guide/security/sec7f0432063/web. This said, making sure your Apple ID is secured by strong unique password and 2 Factor Authentication is always a good thing to do.

As for security of your iPhone, it should be secured as long:

• you use a strong passcode and don’t share with others
  • you only use apps coming from trusted source such as App Store
  • you don’t use/rely on 3rd party profile configuration coming from unknown sources
  • you are not trying to install any system modification, often called as system jailbreak

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2021 11:33 AM in response to oamolloy

In iOS 14 software Apple introduced a feature that checks if you reuse the same password on multiple website, if any of your passwords that are saved are weak, and checks if any of the websites you have passwords saved for have been potentially compromised and their data leaked.

You can read more about it here https://support.apple.com/pl-pl/guide/security/sec7f0432063/web. This said, making sure your Apple ID is secured by strong unique password and 2 Factor Authentication is always a good thing to do.

As for security of your iPhone, it should be secured as long:

• you use a strong passcode and don’t share with others
  • you only use apps coming from trusted source such as App Store
  • you don’t use/rely on 3rd party profile configuration coming from unknown sources
  • you are not trying to install any system modification, often called as system jailbreak

password leaked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.