Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I share an iMovie project with a collaborator?

I need to send someone my iMovie project so they can help me with the audio. So I need the separate audio and video files, not all-in-one. How can I share the full project?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 1:00 PM

Create a new library and move the project into it. Before moving the project, click on its icon in the project browser and do a File/Consolidate Project Media. Then move the new library containing the project to an external drive that is formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) or APFS. Physically transfer the external drive to your collaborator. The collaborator's Mac need to be running the same exact version of iMovie 10 that was used to create the project. Most people use appropriately formatted thumb drives to make the transfers.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2021 1:00 PM in response to Kimb1313

Create a new library and move the project into it. Before moving the project, click on its icon in the project browser and do a File/Consolidate Project Media. Then move the new library containing the project to an external drive that is formatted Mac OS Extended (Journaled) or APFS. Physically transfer the external drive to your collaborator. The collaborator's Mac need to be running the same exact version of iMovie 10 that was used to create the project. Most people use appropriately formatted thumb drives to make the transfers.

-- Rich

How can I share an iMovie project with a collaborator?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.