Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my child's device require its own valid credit card even though he is connected to family sharing?

Did one of the most recent software updates mess up the family sharing for kids accounts? My son use to be able to download free apps after I was sent a notice to authorize and for app purchases I was sent a notice to authorize and that is all that was required and my card on file to my account was billed. Now my kids can't download anything with a cost until a credit card is entered onto their device. I'm not going to enter my credit card on their device for them to purchase at will. It use to be connected to mine and now it's not. What's up

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2021 7:43 PM

You might ask Apple that question directly. Perhaps there is an issue with your payment method you're unaware of.

Get Support -

https://getsupport.apple.com/

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.6; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.6  HomePods, audioOS 14.6 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2021 7:43 PM in response to goatliving

You might ask Apple that question directly. Perhaps there is an issue with your payment method you're unaware of.

Get Support -

https://getsupport.apple.com/

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.4; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.5; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.6; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.6  HomePods, audioOS 14.6 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

why does my child's device require its own valid credit card even though he is connected to family sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.