You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I only get 3G on my iPhone 12 Pro Max whilst my wife's iPhone XS get 4G, both using iOS 14.6?

Why do I only get 3G on my iPhone 12 Pro Max whilst my wife's iPhone XS get 4G, both using iOS 14.6?

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 2:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2021 4:40 AM

Hi, i spoke with my carrier, I removed and installed the Data Plan 2 times, restarted several times, checked all settings. The iPhone 12 Pro only shows 3G when connected to mobile data. I searched for this issue and apparently there are quite a few iPhone 12 Pro users who have that problem. It looks like it's an apple issue. The data plan i use came with e-sim, so I have no physical sim-card. I previously used a physical sim-card on the same phone and LTE worked just fine.

Pleas tell us (A) wether there is a known issue and when we should expect an update to fix that or (B) more detailed information what we exaclty need to do to fix this issue (if no update is needed).

Thanks!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2021 4:40 AM in response to karina184

Hi, i spoke with my carrier, I removed and installed the Data Plan 2 times, restarted several times, checked all settings. The iPhone 12 Pro only shows 3G when connected to mobile data. I searched for this issue and apparently there are quite a few iPhone 12 Pro users who have that problem. It looks like it's an apple issue. The data plan i use came with e-sim, so I have no physical sim-card. I previously used a physical sim-card on the same phone and LTE worked just fine.

Pleas tell us (A) wether there is a known issue and when we should expect an update to fix that or (B) more detailed information what we exaclty need to do to fix this issue (if no update is needed).

Thanks!

Jun 16, 2021 7:51 AM in response to BoboftheD

Hi BoboftheD,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having some trouble getting 4G coverage on your iPhone 12 Pro Max, correct? If so, we would love to help see if we can get the issue resolved for you. Let's go ahead and follow the troubleshooting steps we've linked for you below.

First, let's go ahead and check to see if a carrier update is needed.

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Next, let's check your settings to be sure everything is correct there.

View or change cellular data settings on iPhone

Please let us know how it goes. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.