Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Crashes

When I try to play a song that supports Dolby Atmos, Apple Music app crashes! I tried to do a restart but it didn’t work.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 10:14 AM

Hello Chris,

Yes the problem was that the app closes unexpectedly and return me to the Home Screen. This happens with both songs that have been downloaded to my iPhone and songs I stream. I was using Apple AirPods Pro to play them. I found the solution to this problem randomly by myself: If the song has been already downloaded I had to delete it and then downloaded again. If the song was not downloaded and I was trying to stream it, I had to downloaded and then deleted it. Now I can play both songs and in Dolby Atmos!

Take care

Kostas

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2021 10:14 AM in response to Chris_C1

Hello Chris,

Yes the problem was that the app closes unexpectedly and return me to the Home Screen. This happens with both songs that have been downloaded to my iPhone and songs I stream. I was using Apple AirPods Pro to play them. I found the solution to this problem randomly by myself: If the song has been already downloaded I had to delete it and then downloaded again. If the song was not downloaded and I was trying to stream it, I had to downloaded and then deleted it. Now I can play both songs and in Dolby Atmos!

Take care

Kostas

Jun 16, 2021 7:56 AM in response to kostas_tsironis

Hello kostas_tsironis

Thanks for reaching out through the Apple Support Communities about that behavior with Apple Music.

To verify, does the Music app close unexpectedly and return you to the Home Screen, or are you experiencing a different behavior?

Does this happen with both songs that have been downloaded to your iPhone and songs you stream?

If this happens with songs that are streamed, does it occur while using mobile data or another Wi-Fi network?

Additionally, do you use any other devices with Apple Music that are compatible with Dolby Atmos? If so, do they exhibit the same behavior?

Hopefully those details will help to further isolate and address this behavior.

Take care.

Jun 21, 2021 1:52 PM in response to kostas_tsironis

Hi, I'm replying to this topic because I think I'm having the same issue.

The Apple Music app on my iPhone 11, running iOS 14.6, suddenly stopped playing a streamed Apple Music's playlist.

Whenever I try to stream a song the app crashes, and I'm redirected to the Home Screen, I don't have any downloaded song I only use streaming. I wasn't using my AirPods Pro, just playing the song using the iPhone's speakers.

I tried restarting my iPhone, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but to no avail.

This is a screen record of the behavior I'm experiencing https://streamable.com/n1zy4r

Music Crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.