Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music corrupted songs

Hello,

Since last upgrade of Apple Music App some of the songs are corrupted - some of them are being muted in the middle, some of them got very intense 'noise' in the middle (which is annoying for the ears) and switches to the next song from the album. I turned off the Dolby Atmos to check if it helps but issue still occurs.

How can I fix it?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 9:05 AM

Hi SLVK,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that Apple Music mutes your songs, plays weird sounds, or skips the songs. Be sure your device is running the latest iOS version in Settings > General > Software Update. Restart iPhone.

Check to see if this occurs on both Wi-Fi and cellular. Does this affect both downloaded music and streamed music? If it's only certain music affected, make sure the music plays from Apple Music catalog. Delete the song from your library and added it again.

Warm regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2021 9:05 AM in response to SLVK

Hi SLVK,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that Apple Music mutes your songs, plays weird sounds, or skips the songs. Be sure your device is running the latest iOS version in Settings > General > Software Update. Restart iPhone.

Check to see if this occurs on both Wi-Fi and cellular. Does this affect both downloaded music and streamed music? If it's only certain music affected, make sure the music plays from Apple Music catalog. Delete the song from your library and added it again.

Warm regards.

Jul 17, 2021 12:50 AM in response to SLVK

I have the same problem.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro and using the latest IOS 14.6 and latest version of Apple Music.

I listen to the lossless quality.

many songs are corrupted the same way and I only have them on a “favorites” playlist.

Tried to add them again but they’re corrupted at the exact same places.

I listen to music over 5G/4G.

Example are right at the end of Metallica’s One song.

I listen to songs on AirPod pro and Bowers and Wilkins IP7 and I get the same problem.

Most corrupted songs I’ve noticed are old rock songs.

Apple Music corrupted songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.