Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screenshot won't delete

My screenshots just sit on my desktop and whenever I try to delete them or move them to a folder to get rid of them it loads but never finishes. I've left it for long periods of time and it still won't finish, I've retried and retried. Thi happens to all my screenshots. I got this computer only a few days ago and I know this isn't normal, please help.

Example images:

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 8:22 AM

Start up your Mac in safe mode. Safe mode will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. Thusly - eliminating any third party applications from loading. The loading process will be slow but normal.

Try to delete the offending screen shots. To exit Safe Mode - just restart computer.

As an aside to your issue - showing Big Sur 11.3. There is an update 11.4 available. If already installed - please disregard.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2021 8:22 AM in response to liza_atki

Start up your Mac in safe mode. Safe mode will perform a Disk Repair, clear cache files and only load Apple Software, extensions and fonts. Thusly - eliminating any third party applications from loading. The loading process will be slow but normal.

Try to delete the offending screen shots. To exit Safe Mode - just restart computer.

As an aside to your issue - showing Big Sur 11.3. There is an update 11.4 available. If already installed - please disregard.

Screenshot won't delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.