Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Proxies generated in a different software

Hi, I received from a client some 4k videos and some proxies generated files (with the same file name) in a different folder. He said that I could edit the proxies files and when its done, i could just change the original file (proxies) to the 4k one, as they are the same name. But Final Cut Pro is not accepting as the same file. Is this really possible?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 5:56 AM

So you imported the proxies as if they were original media and edited them, is that right? That’s not how the application works. You’re supposed to import the original media and then use the relink proxy files to access them and the switch to proxy editing.

You may be able to recover doing something by editing an XML file. Otherwise the only way to recover is to import the original media and manually replace each shot, timecode matching the proxies to the originals, assuming they have the same timecode.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2021 5:56 AM in response to Victorvmh

So you imported the proxies as if they were original media and edited them, is that right? That’s not how the application works. You’re supposed to import the original media and then use the relink proxy files to access them and the switch to proxy editing.

You may be able to recover doing something by editing an XML file. Otherwise the only way to recover is to import the original media and manually replace each shot, timecode matching the proxies to the originals, assuming they have the same timecode.

Proxies generated in a different software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.