Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeating Verizon cell phone plan ready to be installed messages...I'm on AT&T...

So, last week, I started getting "Verizon cell phone plan ready to be installed" IOS notifications along with a red indicator on the settings app. Tapping on the notification or opening settings, opens the cellular setup with a Verizon plan listed. I'm on AT&T and have never signed up for Verizon service...never even looked at the Version website or app or anything related to Verizon, period. These keep popping up two to three times a day...

I unpaired my watch, and did a full reset on the iPhone and set the phone up as NEW. Thinking I didn't want to carry over anything that would trigger this again. Sure enough, after a few hours, the notifications started again. So I called Apple and a rep did some screen sharing and didn't see anything unusual, so they suggested I call AT&T first to verify nothing weird was going on with my account, and then call Verizon. Called AT&T and they don't see anything unusual. Called Verizon and they took my name, cell number, IMEI info for both my phone and watch and could not see anything, linked to them...The Verizon rep was actually the most helpful of them all and suggested I do a reset...Told him I did...He was stumped and suggested getting a new SIM card, but thought it was related to the ESIM...So, I went to a local AT&T store and got a new SIM...Messages keep coming in...

The only explanation the Verizon rep could think of, was someone was trying to activate a phone, and by chance mistyped and by chance, used my IMEI...But said, their phone wouldn't activate, realized their mistake and used the corrected it, but that first step tied my phone to a Verizon plan...He also suggested the ESIM might be compromised in some way...

His last suggestion was, do the cellular plan setup, then delete it from the phone...But said this was just a guess. He asked if I had AppleCare, which I do, and suggested the best idea then would be to get a replacement phone because something about my current phone isn't right...

So, finally after all that, has anyone run into this? A new cell plan just shows up out of the blue??

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 7:13 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Repeating Verizon cell phone plan ready to be installed messages...I'm on AT&T...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.