Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone does not indicate Wi Fi Sync, how do I install it on my iphone

My iphone does not indicate or show Wi Fi Sync. How do I install it so I can Sync with my Laptop

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 9:37 AM

The setting for WiFi syncing directly on the phone no longer exists. I know it has not been a feature in the phone settings for quite a while. You have to initiate and set up syncing from iTunes on your computer and that includes syncing over WiFi.

Read this again or read it for the first time.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2021 9:37 AM in response to rocky267

The setting for WiFi syncing directly on the phone no longer exists. I know it has not been a feature in the phone settings for quite a while. You have to initiate and set up syncing from iTunes on your computer and that includes syncing over WiFi.

Read this again or read it for the first time.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Jun 15, 2021 9:36 AM in response to rocky267

If you have a Windows laptop open iTunes and connect your phone to your computer. Click on the Phone icon in the top bar of iTunes, then check the box for Wi-Fi sync. After checking it click Sync or Apply (whichever appears in the lower right corner).

For Mac OS Mojave or earlier the process is the same. For a Mac with Catalina or newer the phone will appear in the Finder sidebar (if it doesn’t go to Finder menu/Preferences/Sidebar and check all of the boxes). You can click of the Wi-Fi sync button there and then Sync or Apply.

My Iphone does not indicate Wi Fi Sync, how do I install it on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.