Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I see ALL of my my photos (imported to Mac Air) chronologically, and without Photo's "editing?"

Where are the photos that the Photos app on my Mac Air decides to randomly hide after import? How can I turn this off so that I can see ALL of the photos I import in my library, and not just what Apple thinks I want to see?? When I search for a photo I think I've imported (because Photos says all have been imported), I can't find the photo, even if I search by date. So incredibly frustrating!!!

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 10:46 AM

Very easily. Create the following Smart Album:

Then you can sort them in any of these options:

10 replies

Jun 15, 2021 11:55 AM in response to Ellenami

I imported 35,000 photos over the last two days, so that doesn't help. I wanted to assure that all of my photos were uploaded, and as I started comparing the Photos Library on my Mac Air with what was on my phones, I saw many photos missing. Then I came across Apple's statement that Photos automatically hides photos--similar photos, screenshots, receipts, but then it doesn't tell you where to find them!!!

How can I see ALL of my my photos (imported to Mac Air) chronologically, and without Photo's "editing?"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.