Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AMP Device errors related to Apple Mobile Devices

Although my mac is operated in the safe mode, I am observing a high amount of errors from the Apple AMP Devices subsystem. It seems to be related to the Mobile Devices domain. Since I had once iOS devices, the notification subscription might be related to an old entry somewhere in the configuration data.

com.apple.amp.devices	fehler	19:38:40.244894+0200	AMPDeviceDiscoveryAgent	AMDeviceNotificationSubscribe failed (0xE8000063)
com.apple.amp.devices	fehler	19:38:40.248486+0200	AMPDeviceDiscoveryAgent	AMRestorableDeviceRegisterForNotificationsForDevices failed: Error Domain=com.apple.MobileDevice.MobileRestore Code=4003 "Failed to initialize MobileRestore global data" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to initialize MobileRestore global data}

How can I remove this process?

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 10:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 11:26 AM

I suggest running an EtreCheck report. Optionally, post it here if you need assistance with interpreting its results. EtreCheck, if you are not familiar with it, is an excellent diagnostic tool that can help discover potential issues with your Mac ... including finding errant device drivers, LaunchAgents, or malware.

Ref: Using EtreCheck to Troubleshoot Potential… - Apple Community

FWIW. AMPDevicesAgent was introduced in macOS Catalina as a new background daemon which is responsible for the synchronization of iOS devices via the Finder app (after iTunes was "retired.") It is located in: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AMPDevices.framework/Versions/A/Support/

Since it's built-in macOS, I strongly recommend that you do not delete it. One of its uses is for preforming encrypted backups of your iOS or iPadOS devices.

Other than what you posted, are you seeing any particular error messages when operating your Mac normally?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2021 11:26 AM in response to atsuem

I suggest running an EtreCheck report. Optionally, post it here if you need assistance with interpreting its results. EtreCheck, if you are not familiar with it, is an excellent diagnostic tool that can help discover potential issues with your Mac ... including finding errant device drivers, LaunchAgents, or malware.

Ref: Using EtreCheck to Troubleshoot Potential… - Apple Community

FWIW. AMPDevicesAgent was introduced in macOS Catalina as a new background daemon which is responsible for the synchronization of iOS devices via the Finder app (after iTunes was "retired.") It is located in: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AMPDevices.framework/Versions/A/Support/

Since it's built-in macOS, I strongly recommend that you do not delete it. One of its uses is for preforming encrypted backups of your iOS or iPadOS devices.

Other than what you posted, are you seeing any particular error messages when operating your Mac normally?

AMP Device errors related to Apple Mobile Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.