Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWatch won’t pair with iPhone 6+ Goes into IOS update loop.

Hi... I unpaired my iWatch a wee while back from my iPhone 6+

Due to unforeseen circumstances I am now having to pair it again, but when I “start pairing” on the iWatch and watch app, it tells me that my iPhone 6+ IOS is not up to date and to update it.

Then, when I go to update my iPhone 6+ IOS in “settings” it then tells me that my “IOS is up to date.”

When I try to pair the iWatch again it comes back with the same thing... my iPhone 6+ “IOS is not up to date”.

This happens whilst trying to do it via the phone camera/watch screen “automatic” process and whilst trying to do it via the “manual” process as well.

Can the code writers look into this bug please?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 12:38 PM

2 replies

Jun 15, 2021 12:52 PM in response to KiltedTim

That’s bonkers... 🙄

So, because it was paired to an iPhone XR (that eventually burst into flames - long story) it updated the iWatch IOS to suit, and now it won’t roll itself back the iWatch IOS to work again with my iPhone 6+ like it happily did before... 🤔

Hmmmmm... if so, why doesn’t it just say so in print instead of telling me to update my iPhone 6+ that’s already fully updated.

Or is that too easy...

iWatch won’t pair with iPhone 6+ Goes into IOS update loop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.