Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there some cable between the usbc to usb and usbc to digital av multi port ?

Hi! I'm looking for a cable to charge my iPad Pro 11" and to connect a classic usb at the same time 🙃 but I can only find the cable with only the usb or the next version has hdmi, usb and usb-c

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 1:51 PM

6 replies

Jun 16, 2021 10:59 AM in response to Lizmorenom11

See >>>

USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MUF82ZM/A

This Apple adapter has a pigtail cable that plugs-in to your iPad USB-C port. The Adapter has three additional connectors:

1) USB-C pass-through power - to which you connect your Power Adapter

2) USB Type-A - to which you can connect compatible USB devices

3) HDMI - supports HDCP TV/Monitor

Jun 16, 2021 3:33 PM in response to Lizmorenom11

Apple do not market a USB-C adapter in the configuration that you are attempting to identify; Apple’s offering includes HDMI.

Looking beyond Apple, there are third-party USB-C hubs that offer USB-C power pass-through together with other ports - such as USB Type-A, USB-C, Ethernet, SD/microSD, VGA, HDMI, 3.5mm Audio etc - the exact configuration dependent upon manufacturer and hub model.

I have not been able to identify a simple 1x USB-C + 1x USB Type-A adapter configuration. I speculate that given the flexibility and extended bandwidth of USB-C that a twin USB hub is not generally worthwhile.

Is there some cable between the usbc to usb and usbc to digital av multi port ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.