Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only receiving some texts

When I text my teenage son, he says he only receives some of my texts. Is it possible that someone is accessing his phone and deleting some texts from a master family account or some other way?

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2021 3:22 PM

Are these SMS messages (green) or iMessage (blue)? If they are iMessage and someone has his Apple ID and passcode, they could, in theory, delete his messages from another device. He should be sure he's not sharing an Apple ID with anyone and should change his password.

There is, of course, a simpler explanation. He is getting the messages and deleting them himself in order to pretend he "didn't hear you".

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2021 3:22 PM in response to ayofan

Are these SMS messages (green) or iMessage (blue)? If they are iMessage and someone has his Apple ID and passcode, they could, in theory, delete his messages from another device. He should be sure he's not sharing an Apple ID with anyone and should change his password.

There is, of course, a simpler explanation. He is getting the messages and deleting them himself in order to pretend he "didn't hear you".

Only receiving some texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.