Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exported picture from Photo became smaller size

Greetings,

When I check on file information on the image, is was 5.7MB, however, when I exported with maximum quality, it became 653KB.

My other exported images have no issue, the size is similar, except for those picture 'white background' layer.

Attached please do find some of the screen shots.

May I know how can I maintain the file size?

Cheers!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 1:26 AM

Ou seem to have cropped the image, as the pixel size is rather small. if you just export a cropped section the file size will be smaller than for the original. To see the full image at the original quality, export it with File > export > export unmodified original. Do you get the full file size then?

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2021 1:26 AM in response to richard_mak

Ou seem to have cropped the image, as the pixel size is rather small. if you just export a cropped section the file size will be smaller than for the original. To see the full image at the original quality, export it with File > export > export unmodified original. Do you get the full file size then?

Exported picture from Photo became smaller size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.