Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old emails and AppleIDs linked to them

I've been using Mac for several decades. I've just bought and set up a new 2019/2020 iMac 21.5. The OS is Big Sur 11.4. There are also two MacBook Pros, two iPhones, and two iPads linked to me.

When I open the Apple icon at the top right corner on my system preferences page, it shows my current email (for over a dozen years now) as the AppleID user name, and a @me.com and an @icloud.com, both with the same etcili ID. Occassionally one of the last two show up in an AppleID query. I' tried to delete them, but the cumputer won't let me. Is there a way?

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 2:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 7:22 AM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, ocdownhiller!

We see that you're seeing some extra addresses for your Apple ID and can't remove them. We'll be happy to see how we can help.

It's not uncommon for an @me.com and @icloud.com version of your Apple ID email to be created when you make your Apple ID. You wouldn't be able to delete those addresses without deleting the entire Apple ID, but they also shouldn't get in the way of anything. They are just alternate addresses for your Apple ID.

We hope this information helps.

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2021 7:22 AM in response to ocdownhiller

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, ocdownhiller!

We see that you're seeing some extra addresses for your Apple ID and can't remove them. We'll be happy to see how we can help.

It's not uncommon for an @me.com and @icloud.com version of your Apple ID email to be created when you make your Apple ID. You wouldn't be able to delete those addresses without deleting the entire Apple ID, but they also shouldn't get in the way of anything. They are just alternate addresses for your Apple ID.

We hope this information helps.

Cheers.

Old emails and AppleIDs linked to them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.