Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro restarting problem

I updated my ipad pro to the most current operating system - 14.6. Now the ipad keeps restarting every few minutes. Additionally, all of my photos have disappeared. How can I fix these problems?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 1:44 PM

If your iOS or iPadOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly, click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT203899

'If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app' on a mobile device, click here --> https://support.apple.com/HT205912

5 replies

Jun 23, 2021 6:33 AM in response to roslyn297

Hello,

I have the same problem with ipad pro 12.9 - I have updated to ipados 14.6 and now it keeps restarting (while using safari) - also, photo gallery is no longer opening (it tries but then crashes to home screen).

Clearly, this is the ipados update issue and the recommended advice is unfortunately not helpful..

Jul 13, 2021 1:57 AM in response to roslyn297

Hi,

I updated from IOS 13.3.1 to 14.6 on my 1st Gen iPad Pro 12.9 128gb and have the same problem.

After the update everything seemed fine until I opened the file explorer app to access my external usb hard drive. When I clicked the drive name I received an unknown error and it refused to open. The drive switched from its drive name to a “unknown”. Naturally I unplugged the drive and plugged it back in, now whenever I plug in the drive the ipad restarts within 10 seconds and will continue to restart over and over until I unplug the drive.

The external drive works fine if I plug it into a laptop and I confirmed its the exfat or whatever drive file type compatible with IOS; it just appears they broke something in the icloud/file finder that now causes my iPad Pro to reboot endlessly

Jul 24, 2021 3:45 PM in response to Flow1782

I updated to iPadOS 14.7 today and the problem appears to have been fixed...

however previously, days after I upgraded to 14.6 I was blocked from accessing any downloaded files or the iCloud on my iPad Pro even though those worked temporarily the day I upgraded to 14.6...

Here’s hoping 14.7 remains working

ipad pro restarting problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.