Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID Signout

I am giving away my daughter’s iPhone but she cannot sign out of her Apple ID and I think it is because of parent restrictions but I cannot find out how to remove the restrictions so she can sign out of her Apple ID

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 9:15 AM

Hey there L-Renee,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand your daughter cannot sign out of her Apple ID and it seems related to parental controls and Screen Time. We’ll be happy to help.

You should be able to just turn Screen Time off completely to disable this feature. You can do this in Settings > Screen Time. If you’re not sure of your Screen Time passcode, you can use the steps here to reset it:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode

It may also be a good idea to review the info here to make sure her device is completely ready to give away:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps. Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2021 9:15 AM in response to L-Renee

Hey there L-Renee,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand your daughter cannot sign out of her Apple ID and it seems related to parental controls and Screen Time. We’ll be happy to help.

You should be able to just turn Screen Time off completely to disable this feature. You can do this in Settings > Screen Time. If you’re not sure of your Screen Time passcode, you can use the steps here to reset it:

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode

It may also be a good idea to review the info here to make sure her device is completely ready to give away:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps. Take care.

Apple ID Signout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.