Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos on icloud not syncing across all my devices

photos on icloud not syncing across all my devices please help

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2021 9:52 PM

jihad43 Said:

"photos on icloud not syncing across all my devices please help"

-------

What to Do:

Enable Photos in iCloud settings all your devices.

1. Go Here: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Turn on iCloud Photos
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.
5 replies

Jun 27, 2021 8:06 PM in response to jihad43

My problem started with my MacBook Air M1 and Big Sur, I tried everything imaginable, yes I googled and looked here in apple support. Nothing including holding down CMD-OPT then clicking on Photos to start it up, it only said photos wasn't synced... Duh. I duplicated the Photos library then used it for the Photos library. Started a new library... none would sync. In the end I had to erase my hard drive, both data and the main drive and reinstall the OS and all my files from another Mac, it worked but took several hours and of course there were missing files, serial number issues and so on. I of course did a time machine backup as well as a Carbon Copy Cloner Backup. But when you erase everything there will always be issues. Hope this helps someone. Edit: I forgot to add that I had rebooted several times and unchecked the photo iCloud button several times, I logged out of iCloud and rebooted then logged back in...

Jul 15, 2021 1:46 AM in response to jihad43

I spent a considerable amount of time trying to diagnose why my Photos database, (which previously held around 40k photos), suddenly was dying when I added another 50k scanned photos.

Took a while to figure out, but turns out some scanning applications add goofy exif data into the image headers.

The solution I posted on stack-exchange here...

Hopefully, this will save a LOT of hassle for others.

Apple - Can you please handle the situation where EXIF data is corrupt and deal with it in a sane way?

photos on icloud not syncing across all my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.