Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail 11.5 sometimes does not remove emails from POP after 1 week

I have been using Apple Mail for years and most of the time it does as it's supposed to, but just occasionally it leaves emails on my POP server and I can't figure out why. This is annoying as occasionally those emails mount up and fill my inbox so any further emails get rejected, and if it's an important email this is bad.

I have the email server settings for the account to remove emails after 1 week, most of the time this works fine. If I click the 'Remove now' button this works but I really shouldn't have to do this.

I tried logging out and back in (on my Mac) but it made no difference. Sometimes MacOS / Mail will lose authority for certain functions so a logout / login is necessary (why? I have no idea! Authority should remain so long as I am logged in as far as I'm concerned, my screen locks after a few minutes and requires a password to unlock).

Thank you for any advice.

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 10:50 AM

I am not a user of Apple Mail, but my suggestion should be applicable to any email app. The first thing I would do is to go into my settings for Mail and confirm that they are still as they should be, for a POP account. Then You could check with your email service provider and ask them for assistance. Perhaps the problem lies with their server. I would check that out, just in case that is where the problem lies.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2021 10:50 AM in response to Jonathan Mortimer

I am not a user of Apple Mail, but my suggestion should be applicable to any email app. The first thing I would do is to go into my settings for Mail and confirm that they are still as they should be, for a POP account. Then You could check with your email service provider and ask them for assistance. Perhaps the problem lies with their server. I would check that out, just in case that is where the problem lies.

Apple Mail 11.5 sometimes does not remove emails from POP after 1 week

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.