Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail won't open

I clicked to send a "Report the User" email response to (3 daily attempts in a row, by) a hacker trying to access my Facebook account from their iPhone, and it forced APPLE MAIL v10.3 close immediately on my 2010 Mac Pro using Sierra 10.12.6. It now repeatedly Opens & CLOSES immediately, though I can receive messages via my Gmail account through the browser.

Should I delete that 1 empty "Report" email from 'Drafts'? Do I need to delete the Mail icon from my Dock and re-open the Application from its original Folder? If I do, will I lose all my boxes, messages & need to reload them somehow? I don't know how to re-legitimize my Apple Mail data, and hate relying solely on Gmail... HELP!

Mac Pro

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 4:51 PM

You can use the shift key when opening you email app. Then delete the the problem email. Or use you online account thru your browser to go in and delete it.

Similar questions

4 replies

Apple Mail won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.