Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Q: No place to enter verification code in iCloud

May 29, 2019 was the last post for the question above. It is now June 17, 2021 and I have macOS 11.4. The earlier thread of this title and some even earlier have not yielded a workable solution for me. One thread of 2017 showed almost 4000 people identifying no place to enter a password+verification code. Some found an answer that worked for them, others did not. If someone can give me a solution, great... please offer it up. If not, I'll retire my two AppleTVs, not buy a new one and transition to Roku. Cheers, Steve

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 2:40 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

I have macOS 11.4.

macOS is not involved here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2021 2:40 AM in response to CommunitySteve

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

I have macOS 11.4.

macOS is not involved here.

Jun 18, 2021 2:15 AM in response to CommunitySteve

I believe that once it asks for a verification code, or you receive a code on another device, you are to sign in again and do it without haste as the code doesn’t last long. When you enter your password, type the code in with-no space between the two. Sometimes it takes a few attempts and you might need to get a new code as they aren’t valid for long. Hope this helps!

Q: No place to enter verification code in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.