Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This past week the sound on Facebook Live using my iPad Pro started having a clicking noise. Sound is good on all other videos and apps.

This past week the sound on Facebook Live using my iPad Pro started having a clicking noise. Sound is good on all other videos and apps. Have been using this Ipad to stream church services on Facebook Live for more than a year. Don't have the same problem with iPhone XS. tried different locations so it is not wifi, even got a new iPad and have same issue.

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 3:10 PM

PastorTJK wrote:

This past week the sound on Facebook Live using my iPad Pro started having a clicking noise. Sound is good on all other videos and apps. Have been using this Ipad to stream church services on Facebook Live for more than a year. Don't have the same problem with iPhone XS. tried different locations so it is not wifi, even got a new iPad and have same issue.

Then the issue is facebook, let them know.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2021 3:10 PM in response to PastorTJK

PastorTJK wrote:

Then the issue is facebook, let them know.

Jun 24, 2021 3:25 PM in response to PastorTJK

I have this problem also on two iphones, both running IOS 14.6., only when connected to an external microphone. They have been working fine for last 15 months (facebook live daily MASS, and other church services). When an external mic is plugged in to iphone, the facebook live video has a clipping or clicking noise. The noise stops when external mics are unplugged. I have tried several different (same type) mics with same result. Could it be related to new battery management software in 14.5 or 14.6 releases? It does not seem to be a facebook issue, since the audio is fine when only using internal microphone

Jun 26, 2021 3:19 PM in response to PastorTJK

This is a very upsetting issue. We have had tech support at church check everything. We also got a new ipad apple said the microphone on the other was broken. It is still creating problems even when used at home no sound system. Turning off microphone seemed to sometimes help. The iPad is not receiving or sending sound out sort of like pixilating for picture but the sound. The iPhone in same conditions worked but there was a hissing sound. I was using an iPad Air 2. I have an iPad 8th generation from AT&T that is working ok at home. I’m praying it works tomorrow.we use a external hot spot from Verizon but this iPad has it’s own hot spot.

This past week the sound on Facebook Live using my iPad Pro started having a clicking noise. Sound is good on all other videos and apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.