Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 stuck at 3G and changes from 4G to 3G always

My iPhone 7

Model number MN8X2ZP/A

A1778

software is up to date 14.6

havent damaged the phone

it hasn’t fallen from anywhere or no such occurrence I have been using the phone carefully

Network keeps changing from 4G to 3G always I have seen similar threads on this place where level 10 support ask to force restart the device I have tried them tons of times and also reset network settings and reset all setting and contents reset only settings but none of these work I’m really worried I can’t even watch a YouTube video continuously or nor can i play pubg mobile I always get killed

im really worried I have seen so many people ask similar questions on google when you type iPhone stuck at 3G you get loads of results but none of them provide a right solution

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 4:20 PM

8 replies

Jun 17, 2021 5:01 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I have tried different sims as i told you I’m not alone take a look at this link there are too many facing the same issue please do resolute on this issue i too did not have the issue before updating to 14.6 I’m using the same phone since a year but never encountered such an issue before till the recent update

please take a look on this link

https://www.reddit.com/r/ios/comments/ntwhrw/internet_connectivity_issues_after_update_to_ios/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=comments_view_all

here is another link

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252824492

heres if you need more witness

Jun 17, 2021 4:42 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I’m from Sri Lanka and I am using Dialog that’s the network and I have two different Dialog sim and also the sim before it was the same issue the sim isn’t damaged I tried a different carrier called mobitel and it was the same issue

the behavior I have noticed it the signal bar drops to 2 or 1 bar and then turns up 3G with full signal bar while there is enough 4G signal at my area

here are some photos

iPhone 7 stuck at 3G and changes from 4G to 3G always

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.