Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K and Vizio P65-C1 lose connection regularly

This problem has plagued my for years and I've never been able to solve it. I have an Apple TV 4K connected to my Vizio P65-C1. Randomly, the connection to the TV will blink out as if I had selected a different input on the TV. The screen goes black for about a second, then the Vizio info bar across the top will turn on and display video and input information for about 2 seconds, then the everything will come back to normal, and I've missed 3 seconds of content.

This happens at random times, and random intervals. Sometimes it will happen within 45 minutes. Often the TV will be on for hours with no problem, and the suddenly it starts. Once it begins, it will keep doing it at random intervals, somewhere between 5 and 30 minutes. The only thing that will make it stop doing that, and only on a temporary basis, is to switch the video settings on the Apple TV to any other 4K setting. I'll get a couple of hours without interruption on the new setting, and then the cycle begins all over again.

This has happened with 3 different ATV 4k devices. I do have an AV tuner, and started out with the ATV video plugged into. After the problem had been around for a while, I reconfigured to send the video directly to the TV, but no change. This has happened with every HDMI cable I have (many!), including brand new high-end ones that I have purchased just to make this stop. It has continued to occur after every ATV update for years.

Many times I end up using the Vizio smart TV apps or its Android remote instead of the Apple TV, where I NEVER see this problem, but I really like the ATV's interface and would rather be using that. We watch 4k movies on X-Box, which is not a great interface for this. I've been using the ATV less and less often lately because it's so frustrating!

Can I really be the only person in the world with this problem?

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 6:11 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apple TV 4K and Vizio P65-C1 lose connection regularly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.