Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air crashed while trying to update

my macbook air 2017 crashed while updating to mac big sur... was previously using mac high sierra

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 8:08 PM

tae133 Said:

"macbook air crashed while trying to update: my macbook air 2017 crashed while updating to mac big sur... was previously using mac high sierra"

-------

Restore from a Backup:

Do you have a Time Machine Backup of your Mac that you created prior to attempting this upgrade? If so, restore from it. If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a Time Machine backup of your Mac prior to making any major change to is (i.e. macOS upgrade), so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the upgrade.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 17, 2021 8:08 PM in response to tae133

tae133 Said:

"macbook air crashed while trying to update: my macbook air 2017 crashed while updating to mac big sur... was previously using mac high sierra"

-------

Restore from a Backup:

Do you have a Time Machine Backup of your Mac that you created prior to attempting this upgrade? If so, restore from it. If not, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always create a Time Machine backup of your Mac prior to making any major change to is (i.e. macOS upgrade), so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the upgrade.

macbook air crashed while trying to update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.