Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am facing a problem of installing my printer on MacBook Air (M1, 2020) macOS Big Sur version 11.2.2

I have an HP Laserjet 1319 MFP. After downloading the driver, when I tried to install, I get a message saying "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update"

Posted on Jun 17, 2021 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 3:39 AM

Check with the Maker of this Device for Apple Big Sur Specific drivers.

AirPrint compatible Printers . Check if your printer is listed and then no printer drivers need to be installed or used.

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network

As an aside - mentioning running Big Sur 11.2.2 - there is an update 11.4 available and should be installed for security purposes

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2021 3:39 AM in response to SB68

Check with the Maker of this Device for Apple Big Sur Specific drivers.

AirPrint compatible Printers . Check if your printer is listed and then no printer drivers need to be installed or used.

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network

As an aside - mentioning running Big Sur 11.2.2 - there is an update 11.4 available and should be installed for security purposes

Jun 18, 2021 4:29 AM in response to SB68

Hi,

Would this be the HP LaserJet M1319 MFP Series printer?

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01127238.pdf

If so, you may want to try the HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for macOS (Post Date: Dec 11, 2020) download from Apple (https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1888?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US). An HP LaserJet M1319f version1.6.1 driver is mentioned in the article Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support.

It can be a good idea to reset the printing system and re-add the printer first.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

For scanning you may have to look for software elsewhere, if necessary.

I am facing a problem of installing my printer on MacBook Air (M1, 2020) macOS Big Sur version 11.2.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.